first_imgAdvertisement Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR TAGSKeeping Limerick PostedlimerickLimerick PostRape Crisis Centre WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads Twitter WhatsApp Print Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live Emailcenter_img Previous articleFinal call for Ireland’s best astronomy photographs from LimerickNext articleLimerick social entrepreneurs invited to apply for funding and support from Social Entrepreneurs Ireland Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Photo by Volkan Olmez on Unsplash Trigger Warning.RAPE Crisis Network Ireland (RCNI) has launched a new national survey aimed at survivors of sexual violence and those who are supporting survivors throughout the country, including Limerick and the Midwest.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Rape Crisis Midwest, based in Limerick City, is a network member service of the RCNI.The survey focuses on survivors’ experiences of counselling and psychotherapy in a world that has been changed utterly by the pandemic. It will be live until April 12th.  So far, nearly 300 survivors across the country have completed it. The survey can be accessed on rcni.ie.It forms a critical part of RCNI’s new comprehensive programme of work called Counselling Survivors in an On & Offline World aimed at ensuring that there is standardised and specialist counselling for survivors of sexual violence and harassment fit for a post-pandemic world in Ireland. RCNI believes that remote trauma counselling is here to stay as part of a new hybrid model of on and off-line clinical support for survivors.The survey comes at a poignant moment in time also with the focus on the safety of women and girls following the murder of Sarah Everard in London.“The survivors’ survey we are launching this week is central to our understanding of how counselling is working, or not working, for them, particularly over this past tumultuous year,” said Dr Michelle Walshe, who is the RCNI Clinical Programme Lead on the global leading project.“We are asking survivors and people who are supporting them to fill out our easy to use survey. It will take less than 10 minutes, yet those 10 minutes will feed into the development of training that can ensure that counselling in this country is completely fit for purpose for the new hybrid world we are entering into,” she continued“It also means that survivors will have real choice in how they want to receive counselling in the future. As our survey to date has shown, there are huge advantages to on-line counselling, but there are things we have to address and know more about to be certain that it is working.”The survivors’ survey follows a major survey of over 750 counsellors and psychotherapists throughout Ireland, and with the collaboration of all the main organisations providing counselling and training.It found that 79% of respondents said that it was important to have specialism in sexual violence. However, less than half said that their knowledge of misogyny and gender roles was good, indicating a gap between understanding of root causes of sexual violence and the desire for specialism and standardisation in training.The programme emerged from the experience of the initial Covid-19 lockdown a year ago when Rape Crisis Centres like the one in Limerick had to be evacuated and when trauma counselling services had to move on-line, almost overnight.The initiative is supported by Rethink Ireland, through the Innovate Together Fund, a collaboration between Rethink Ireland the Department of Rural and Community Development. The Fund supports charities’ innovative responses to the Covid-19 crisis that will provide lasting change.The survey is available here. LimerickNewsSurvey to hear from sexual violence survivors across Limerick and the MidwestBy Staff Reporter – March 25, 2021 75 Billy Lee names strong Limerick side to take on Wicklow in crucial Division 3 clash Donal Ryan names Limerick Ladies Football team for League opener Facebook Linkedin Roisin Upton excited by “hockey talent coming through” in Limericklast_img read more

first_img Crucially, they have kept five clean sheets in the 11 matches since Pulis took over and Tuesday’s win over Hull, courtesy of Jason Puncheon’s first-half strike, was their fifth by a 1-0 scoreline. “We’re a lot more solid than we used to be,” said Speroni. “It gives the team a lot of confidence when we keep clean sheets. We are defending as a team, trying not to leave any spaces at the back, and that means we are going into every game knowing that we can win. “Two or three months ago, who would have thought we would be 14th? “We are on a good run and we are in a good position but we have not done anything yet. That five-point gap can disappear in two games and there is a long way to go.” Pulis has been desperate to strengthen his squad during the January transfer window but Palace have yet to bring anyone in ahead of Friday’s deadline, while the current players seem to be doing their best to persuade the manager he need not bother. Skipper Mile Jedinak said: “If some business does get done before the end of the window, then fantastic. If not, then we have to move on and go full steam ahead between now and the end of the season. “We have made it difficult for teams and if we can continue doing that until the end of the season, it will be massive. We have done well at big places before this season and I am sure we will have a game plan at Arsenal on Sunday.” Crystal Palace’s revival under Tony Pulis has been so dramatic even goalkeeper Julian Speroni can scarcely believe it. Press Association Hull, by contrast, paraded their new £14million strikeforce of Shane Long and Nikica Jelavic. The duo barely got a sniff of a chance against Palace but manager Steve Bruce saw enough to suggest they can fire the goals to keep City clear of trouble. “I thought they were both terrific,” he said. “Jelavic tired because he hasn’t played a lot of football but the two of them will be terrific for us, I’m convinced of that.” Bruce is considering appealing against Allan McGregor’s late red card after the goalkeeper reacted angrily to a challenge by Stuart O’Keefe. The Eagles were written off as relegation certainties after losing seven of their first eight matches and lying five points adrift of safety when previous manager Ian Holloway quit Selhurst Park at the end of October. But fast forward three months and Palace sit 14th, five points clear of the drop zone – and just a point behind Swansea in 10th. last_img read more