first_imgNEW DELHI: In a tragic incident, a woman and her two children suffocated to death after a fire broke out in a three-storeyed building of a playschool and a cloth shop in Faridabad, Haryana on Saturday.Police said the fire had broken out in the cloth shop being run from the ground floor of the building at Dabua Colony, resulting in a thick smoke engulfing the upper floors, where the family lived and ran a playschool. The woman’s husband ran the cloth shop which caught fire. The playschool was closed due to summer vacations, said area SHO Sandeep Kumar. The husband had gone to fetch milk from the market when the incident took place, resulting in the death of the woman (28), her daughter (8) and son (5), he said. “Though the fire did not spread to the upper floors, a thick smoke engulfed the building, choking them to death,” he said. He said the victims were rushed to hospital but they succumbd to injuries.last_img

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *