first_imgNicholas ‘The Axeman’ Walters, the Jamaican boxing star, is learning the hard way that although he can knock out opponents on a regular basis, (he has done so 21 times in 27 fights), it is much more difficult to win a negotiating battle with 84-year-old, Bob Arum.Arum is the head of Top Rank, one of the most successful boxing promoting companies in the world.For the past year, a fight between Walters, who until recently held the World Boxing Association (WBA) featherweight super title and Vasyl Lomachenko, the World Boxing Organization (WBO) featherweight champion, has been one of the talking points in boxing circles.The plot one heard from time to time was for Walters and Lomachenko to meet different boxers on the same fight card, and presuming that both fighters won, they would then move into a mega clash with each other.Things took an unlikely turn, however, when Walters lost his title on the scales at the Madison Square Garden weigh-in on June 12, 2015, for a fight scheduled for the next day against Miguel Marriaga.He won that fight convincingly, but the all-important title was no longer his, and this weakened his bargaining power in the negotiations.December 19 drawOn December 19 last year in his next fight, this time as a super featherweight (130 pounds) against Jason Sosa, he ended up with a draw decision. The consensus was that he did win that fight, but the records speak loudly, and his bargaining power again dropped a notch.Promoter Arum decided to fast-forward the proposed Walters versus Lomachenko fight and negotiations started. There was, however, a difference with those negotiations. Instead of being carried out by his long-time manager, Jacques Deschamps, Walters himself took over.There has been some unease in his camp, because Walters was of the view that his purse for the Nonito Donaire title fight was not enough.Deschamps told The Gleaner that it was in fact lower than he would normally have gone for, but he took the strategic decision to accept what was offered, confident that Walters would win the title and boost his future bargaining and earning power.The mission was accomplished when Walters stopped Donaire in six rounds and became a super champion, but Walters was still unhappy and decided that he wanted to do his own negotiations.Information is that Walters did not do a good job with those subsequent negotiations. When the offer to fight Lomachenko came about, however, Walters decided to go for broke.Arum has stated publicly that the Walters demand to fight Lomachenko is for US$1million, a price he is not willing to pay. The Gleaner understands that Arum offered him US$550,000 instead, but Walters has refused that offer. They have been unable to come to any agreement, and last word is that Arum has moved on and is negotiating with WBO Super featherweight champion Roman Martinez to fight Lomachenko instead on June 11.The Gleaner has been unable to contact Walters for a comment as his telephone goes to voice mail and he has not responded to requests for a return call.His father, Job, told The Gleaner yesterday that he knows of the negotiations and he, too, believes that Walters is worth more than is being offered by Arum.He is, however, hopeful that regardless of what happens now, the fight will eventually take place.last_img read more

first_imgModel 3 leaving Zeebrugge by the truckload pic.twitter.com/Djf602RPHJ— Kristof Lambrecht (@Kristof_1978) February 7, 2019 The first volume shipments of Model 3 in Europe counted about 1,400 cars. The first of them were already delivered, but the process is not very fast in the beginning – some already described it as “delivery hell”. Tesla Model 3 Charges At 117-kW On CCS Four-Digit Number Of Tesla Model 3s Arrive In Europe Source: Electric Vehicle News First Model 3 deliveries in Europe pic.twitter.com/8lNMedmIoG— Tesla (@Tesla) February 8, 2019 “Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk acknowledged the rocky start in a tweet Wednesday: “Sorry, many unexpected challenges with cars coming through Zeebrugge first time. Cars will start moving out in volume tomorrow.”center_img The Autopilot system is to be enabled on the Model 3 in Europe with a small delayThe Tesla Model 3 was officially approved for sale in Europe, but as it turns out the original Type Approval from RDW in the Netherlands doesn’t include the Tesla Autopilot.The first Model 3 delivered to customers in Europe has disabled Autopilot feature, which according to Tesla is expected to be enabled in Europe next week, when a separate approval will be issued.Tesla Model 3 in Europe Source: latimes.com The slight delay between car sales and enabling Autopilot is apparently caused by the requirement to additionally test the Autopilot for Model 3 (it has different hardware than Autopilot in Model S and Model X).“On Jan. 18, Tesla told The Times, “We have received European vehicle type approval for Model 3,” but did not mention that the approval did not include Autopilot.”““We are planning to enable Autopilot in Europe beginning next week,” a Tesla spokesman told The Times on Thursday. The company did not answer any other questions, including one about when it expects type approval for Autopilot.” First-Ever Tesla Model 3 Delivered In Europe Author Liberty Access TechnologiesPosted on February 8, 2019Categories Electric Vehicle Newslast_img read more