The Ohio State women’s tennis team travels to Ann Arbor, Mich. on Friday to take on DePaul University after receiving its third-straight NCAA tournament bid.Posting a 19-9 record on the year, the No. 34 Buckeyes were rewarded for their season by receiving one of the tournament’s 33 at-large bids on Tuesday.Coach Chuck Merzbacher was pleased with his team’s season and said the selection didn’t come as a surprise.“We had one of the toughest schedules that we have ever had,” Merzbacher said. “We had 19 wins and I think we were rewarded for playing that tough schedule.”Coming off a strong performance in the Big East tournament, which ended with a loss in the finals, the No. 30 DePaul Blue Demons will be making their first-ever appearance in the NCAA tournament.Despite DePaul’s lack of tournament experience, unanimous All-Big Ten selection Kirsten Flower believes the two teams are equally matched.“I think we match up very well. Obviously they are a great team, but so are we,” Flower said. “We had a good showing at the Big Ten tournament and I think this is just a great opportunity for us.”The Buckeyes and Blue Demons will hit the courts at the University of Michigan on Friday afternoon for the chance to advance to a second-round match with either Michigan or Illinois-Chicago on Saturday.Although OSU is happy with its berth in the tournament, Merzbacher maintains that the goal of his program is to advance.Flower reiterated her coach’s sentiment and said she believes that this team has what it takes to do just that.“We have really good depth all up and down the line,” Flower said. “We can play, so if everyone shows up, we have a great chance of doing well and our goal is set for Georgia.”If the Buckeyes are able to advance past this weekend, the team would travel to Georgia for the Sweet 16. However, both Merzbacher and Flower insist they must take it one match at a time.“We have to focus on the first match because it is really the only one that matters,” Flower said. “It’s a one-and-done tournament — you lose and you’re out, so you have to focus on the first match.”Nearly two weeks removed from its last match, Flower still has great confidence in her team.“We’re tired of practicing,” she said. “We all want to play and I think we’re ready.” read more

Ohio State redshirt senior Billy Price gives his thoughts on battle for right guard at Big Ten Media Days in Chicago on July 24. Credit: Jacob Myers | Managing EditorChicago — A month away from the season opener, the Ohio State football team still has several question marks at key positions.Chief among those open spots is right guard.“It’s wide open as we speak, and obviously right guard is as critical a position as there is, so it’s going to be a big battle this training camp,” coach Urban Meyer said in his opening remarks at Big Ten Media Days.Meyer listed seven names who are going to be battling for that spot: redshirt juniors Malcolm Pridgeon and Demetrius Knox, redshirt sophomores Matt Burrell and Brandon Bowen and freshmen Wyatt Davis, Thayer Munford and Josh Myers. “There’s positives and negatives to having seven guys, but how do you get those guys reps and no one has really stepped up and taken it,” Meyer said. “It’s going to be a street fight, especially the first 10 days because you can’t have seven guys competing for that spot … That’s going to be No. 1 on the hit list as we start practice.”The player they are replacing — redshirt senior center Billy Price — believes that even though they are young players, they cannot be counted out just yet, citing now-sophomore Michael Jordan as an example of a young player who came into his true freshman season and won a starting job on the offensive line.“Josh Myers, Thayer Munford and Wyatt Davis, all three of them have ability. They all each bring something to the table that I haven’t seen before, I haven’t seen in a while,” Price said. “(Jordan) came to work last year, he got the position and that’s why he was playing … Perspective to those guys happening, if you show up, you tighten your shoes and you go to work, the position is yours.”Price knows what it takes to step up and take on the starting role as right guard. And so as a senior captain and former right guard himself, he has taken time in between practicing his new role as center to coach several of the younger players as they battle to be Price’s right-hand man on the offensive line.“It’s my job as an older guy to take a young guy underneath and say, ‘Hey, let’s go play some ball,’” Price said. “I’ve had those conversations. Thayer Munford, Wyatt, Josh Myers in particular just being with the freshmen class to just saying, ‘Hey, I need you guys. We need you guys. You’ve got to develop. We need everybody within that room to have their role running, let’s go play some ball.’”One of the freshmen that has stood out to Price so far this year has been Myers. Nicknamed “Tommy” by some of the players for being a “country boy,” Myers has already started to build chemistry with the team and become familiar with the players and rigors of working with the team since he enrolled in January, which Price said has given the freshman an edge.“Josh went through an offseason and he’s continued to develop there as things have continued,” Price said. “I think that because he had those four extra months and he went through a spring, that name is mentioned in (at right guard). And I think that if he continues to develop, if he goes and puts in all out there 100 percent at camp time, it will raise an eyebrow to coach Meyer.”Another player whose name is frequently linked to the starting right guard position is Burrell, who started with the first-team offense during the spring game. Burrell redshirted his true freshman season in 2015 and emerged as an early front-runner for the starting left guard spot in 2016. However, he lost the position battle to Jordan, and was demoted to a backup role.Losing out the job last season to a true freshman, Burrell could have let the loss get to him and cost him further on down the road. But instead, Price said, he has battled through the loss and gained confidence along the way.“You build confidence as a young man too, and I think for Burrell’s case, he’s built a lot of confidence as well as a lot of the other seven that you mentioned,” Price said. “There’s a lot of things that are starting to click for him as he is the favorite from what you’ve said.”And while Price did not voice his own opinion on whom he deems to be the favorite, he acknowledged that Burrell has been considered the likely starter by some out there.“I think from what coach Meyer has said, an article that had been presented, that yes I think (Burrell) is the favorite according to sources,” Price said. “That is not saying that I said that he’s the favorite or that I think he’s the favorite, I just know if I play next to him, we’re going to be okay.” read more

first_imgLiverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has revealed that Emre Can will not be available for the squad in their trip to Crystal Palace in SaturdayThe midfielder was withdraw from international duty, earlier this week, after struggling with a back problem that he sustained during Liverpool’s 5-0 win over Watford.While ruling out a long absence from the squad for Can, Klopp did admit that his compatriot will be unavailable for his side against the struggling Palace.“Emre is out for the weekend.” said  Klopp, according to club website.“[He is] getting better and better and better, much better. Hopefully he can have a normal session with us on Sunday morning and then should be fine again.”Joe Gomez will also be out with an ankle problem, while Nathaniel Clyne is now ready to return to the senior side for the first time since pre-season.divock origi, liverpoolReport: Origi cause Klopp injury concerns George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Divock Origi injury in today’s game against Newcastle is a cause for concern for Jurgen Klopp.Perhaps with one eye on Tuesday’s trip to Italy…“Clyney is back. He played last week for the U23s. One or two games more would be nice but the situation is like it is. We have Clyney.” said the German.“I said yesterday to the boys that we lost Joe but finally we got Clyney back. He has been back for a few weeks already but he has come closer and closer. He is a very good option.”The other good news for Klopp is that both Dominic Solanke and Andy Robertson are expected to be available for Liverpool on Saturday, as well.“He is fine and will be fine today, I hope. After training I’ll know more about that.” Klopp said on Solanke.And of Robertson, he added: “It was a dead leg, no problem.”last_img read more

first_imgReal Madrid forward Marco Asensio, revealed the main reasons for his recent dip in form for his club and gave Solari the thumbs up as the new manager.The new season for young forward Marco Asensio didn’t start as he expected, a player who hasn’t been able to cover the full expectations that were formed around him during his first couple of seasons with Real Madrid.Today with Santiago Solari as the new manager, he is still one of the players who is not considered within the group of footballers who play on a regular basis and has become one of the biggest disappointments for this season.When the new season was about to start, manager Julen Lopetegui decided that he didn’t want to bring any new transfers precisely because he didn’t want to slow the youngster’s progression as a player.Asensio hasn’t been able to respond to this level of trust from Lopetegui, to the point where Solari is not even considering him as an essential part of the squad like he was when Zidane was still around.During the first few months, the player had already stated that he knew more ambition was required from him and he vowed to fight for a secured spot in the squad’s starting eleven.Y @marcoasensio10… ¡Generosidad sin límite! #UnaNuevaIlusión pic.twitter.com/eYpTXJh1K6— Selección Española de Fútbol (@SeFutbol) November 12, 2018Asensio was recently quoted by Diario AS during a television interview to a show called ‘Vamos’, where he gave some details about his lack of participation with the squad this season.“When things are going well, people pin you as the best player in the squad. When things are not going well, they pin you as the worst. In the end, there are some critics who are not fair, but we already know how journalism works in this country,” started Asensio.“I’m obviously generalizing, but I do find some criticisms to be hurtful towards me. Since I don’t really deem it important and I worry about my own performance, it doesn’t really affect me.”“Since Solari arrived things have improved, the results have been on our side. This is football. Solari is our manager now, we would die for any manager who is with us. We all need to be strong as we’ve always been, this will take us back to the winning path.”David Villa, FC BarcelonaTop 10 players who played for both Barcelona and Valencia Boro Tanchev – September 14, 2019 Time to talk about the best players who represented both Barcelona and Valencia, prior to their La Liga encounter at Camp Nou this evening.“I certainly don’t see this episode as a moment of crisis. But I will also tell you that I’m not the one who has to pull the team up inside the club, there are other players who have played in this squad for longer and are more experienced.”“These players have a greater status than mine and they are the ones who need to carry the team. I did play for a few matches with the last manager, but now I don’t play as much as I’d like to but the final assessments will be made by the end of the season,” he concluded.+3. Seguimos trabajando y creciendo juntos. / + 3. We keep on working and growing together. 💪🏽 #RMLiga pic.twitter.com/Yw8F6at2KQ— Marco Asensio (@marcoasensio10) November 3, 2018Asensio is not the only one who has lost the complete confidence from the new manager, both he and Isco Alarcon are the two players who haven’t played a single minute under the Argentine and still have to prove they are worth for him.In Isco’s case, he played pretty much all the matches he could under Julen Lopetegui when he was fit, but he hasn’t played a single minute under Santiago Solari and this is starting to get worrisome for him.As far as Asensio is concerned, this player is going through the same over hyping that many young stars go through and this time is exactly the one in which he needs to be more careful.The press is the one to blame for this situation, because they are the ones who started making early comparisons that went to the kid’s head and reality has slapped him right in the face.Good training 👍🏽⚽ pic.twitter.com/XQlGrcMXDJ— Marco Asensio (@marcoasensio10) November 9, 2018What do you think Marco Asensio should do, stay and fight for a spot in Real Madrid or leave? Please share your opinion in the comment section down below.last_img read more

first_imgSevilla boss Pablo Machin is keen on securing a place in the knockout stages of the Europa League suggesting they will give it their all in the last group tieThe La Liga side who are the record holders of the competition with five titles in the last 12 years – lost 1-0 at Standard Liege on Thursday night, meaning they must beat FC Krasnodar in their last game to qualify.“We have failed again and when this happens in Europe, your position becomes complicated,” Machin told reporters, as cited by Football Espana via the club media.“We were not allowed to play the game we wanted to play and they hurt us on the break, then when Pablo (Sarabia) was sent-off we struggled, that moment killed us.Top 5 La Liga players to watch for next weekend’s activity Tomás Pavel Ibarra Meda – September 11, 2019 With the international activity cooling down for the next month, we go back to the Top 5 players to watch in La Liga next…“We now know that to progress is not going to be a stroll in the park and that we will have to fight tooth and nail.“But we are at home in front of our fans and they will push us on to qualify in what will be a difficult match.“This has been a demanding group.”last_img read more

first_imgWILMINGTON, MA — Below are some of the newest job openings in Wilmington:Full-Time Early Education & Child Care Teacher at Little SproutsFull-Time National Accounts Ecommerce Specialist at UniFirstFull-Time/Part-Time Cashier at Panera BreadFull-Time/Part-Time Food Services Associate at Panera BreadFull-Time Comfort Advisor at Super Service Today, Inc.Temporary Full-TIme Nanny For 2 Wilmington ChildrenFull-Time Order Checker at Arrow Paper Co.Part-Time Package Handler at FedEx GroundFull-Time Realtor at ERA Key Realty ServicesFull-Time Director of Quality Engineering at MKS Instruments(NOTE: Wilmington businesses — Feel free to send me your job postings at wilmingtonapple@gmail.com.)Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email wilmingtonapple@gmail.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedNOW HIRING: 10 New Job Openings In WilmingtonIn “Business”NOW HIRING: 10 New Job Openings In WilmingtonIn “Business”NOW HIRING: 10 Job Openings In WilmingtonIn “Business”last_img read more

first_imgListen at WEAA Live Stream: http://amber.streamguys.com.4020/live.m3uIn wake of the backlash against him after seemingly fawning over Donald Trump, Under Armour CEO Kevin Plank has written an open letter to the city of Baltimore. We’ll examine the substance of the letter with a man who knows Plank well, former Baltimore City Councilman Carl Stokes. Plus, the Mod Squad, Taya Graham and Stephen Janis of The Real News Network report from Annapolis on the efforts at bail reform.These stories and much more on AFRO’s First Edition with Sean Yoes, Monday through Friday, 5-7 p.m.last_img

first_imgTwo-and-a-half years after he met with a crippling road accident that cut short his career, veteran Malayalam film actor Jagathy Sreekuamar was awarded Rs 5.90 crore by a private insurance company as compensation. The documents regarding the award of compensation was handed over to the wheelchair-bound actor at his residence here by top officials of the insurance company. The actor and his family members had earlier clinched an agreement with the insurance company at an Adalat conducted by the District Legal Services Authority. Jagathy met with a major road accident while travelling in a car at Thenhippalam near Kozhikode in March 2012, when he was on his way to a shooting location at Kodagu in Karnataka. This followed prolonged treatment in hospitals.last_img

first_imgOctober 13, 2014Construction manager Ron Chandler traveled to Dana Point, Ca to attend the wedding of alumnus Brian Fritz to Jessica Corbett on September 27. 2014.Here are some of the beautiful photos he took of the event.The wedding took place in Heritage Park, Dana Point and was followed by a reception at the Double Tree Hotel, also in Dana Point.Brian came to Arcosanti as part of the November 2008 workshop and worked for a few years as part of Ron Chandlers landscaping crew.last_img

first_img“I would appeal to residents to be vigilant and if they notice anything suspicious that may signify drugs activity to report those responsible to to the relevant authourities. Childrens safety must be paramount”.Anger after drug needle found dumped in Cornshell Fields was last modified: March 14th, 2018 by John2John2 Tags: Anger after drug needle found dumped in Cornshell FieldsCOUNCILLOR CAOIMHE MCKNIGHTDerryDRUG PARAPHERNALIASinn Fein ShareTweetcenter_img Shantallow Sinn Féin Councillor Caoimhe McKnight has condemned those who dumped drug paraphernalia in an area of Cornshell Fields where young children live and play.Councillor McKnight said: “A concerned resident came to the Sinn Féin office this morning with a discarded syringe which he found close to homes in the Cornshell Field area.“This was a very concerning experience for this resident who has teenage children of their own.“When I spoke to them it was obvious that they were very annoyed to find that someone using drugs had such disregard for children that they would just discard a used syringe in close proximity to houses where children live and play.last_img read more