first_imgMoylan took out man-of-the-match against Scotland, setting up four first-half tries in the 54-12 rout.The Penrith Panthers skipper spoke of his pride of representing the country – especially after not playing a single game during the 2014 Four Nations despite being included in the Australian squad.”It’s a huge honour and privilege to put on the green and gold jersey, and I probably couldn’t have asked for anything more on my debut,” Moylan said. “My goal was just to go out there and put my best foot forward and do my role for the side, and it’s unreal to come away with the win.”It was a sort of disappointing tour that last one, not getting a game, but I took a lot out of that just being around the squad, being around guys like Cameron [Smith], Cooper [Cronk], GI (Greg Inglis), guys like that. So I tried to make the most of it and I think that definitely helped me get to where I am now. “To make my debut is a huge honour and something I’ll cherish for the rest of my life.”Despite thriving on the international stage in his first taste of Test football Moylan is expected to drop out of the Australian starting side against New Zealand next weekend, with Darius Boyd set to regain the No.1 jersey.last_img read more

first_imgThe SP PNG Hunters will be resettling at the Queen Emma Lodge in Kokopo as they wait for the construction of their permanent accommodation to be completed.This came after the club was asked to relocate before May 31 by the Bomana Police Academy who will need the accommodation and training facilities for their new police intake.The Hunters will travel to Kokopo on Thursday 29 May and take up residence at Queen Emma until their accommodation and training facility is ready.The club gym at Bomana will also be relocated to Kokopo and will be packed up within two days and loaded away for shipping to Kokopo by next week.The team will be based in Kokopo full time and will play their next home game next weekend in round 14 against South Logan Magpies.PNG Rugby Football League CEO Brad Tassell confirmed that they had negotiated with Queen Emma Lodge to stay there in the short term until their club village is completed.He said they’re finalising an area where they’ll set up the gym until the village is completed.“We are working with Agmark on completing the village and we’ll make an announcement when that is done, however that wouldn’t take too long and should be completed in the next couple of weeks.“There are plenty of football ovals in the area to train including Kalabond oval so we don’t think that will be an issue,” he said.The Agmark gym, which is the training facility for the Rabaul Gurias, has been offered to help out with the Hunters training schedule but it also caters for other sporting codes in Kokopo.Tassell said the Hunters’ training schedule will be controlled by their coaching staff as they will be happy to share the Agmark gym facilities with other sporting codes in the area.Meantime, Hunters will travel to Rockhampton this weekend so they are in preparation for the game.Their Round 13 clash is against Central Queensland Capras at Marley Brown Oval, Gladstone this Saturday at 7pm.last_img read more

first_img“God must be acknowledged. When God is acknowledged, we will see God’s intervention in our lives,” said Reverend Darius Game.Rev Game was speaking to Team East New Britain during their second bonding session yesterday at the Vunapope Archdiocese Hall.The Bonding Day program, which was a follow-up from last week’s gathering, coincided with the National Repentance Day.Coordinator of the Deputy Prime Minister, Albert Buanga, stated that the two events carried out simultaneously were in fact significant.There could have been times when the officials and athletes might have had differences amongst themselves. However, Buanga believes that all these were put aside after the athletes were led by the Reverend Edward Kolonitai through the prayer of repentance.He said all will be able to look forward to a fresh start as they prepare for the PNG Games in November.Youth representative Philip Tale shared that just as they have to try to experience God, the same can be said about sports. Athletes should not only be able to know the sport but they also have to be able to make the sport become a part of themselves, in order to perform better in the upcoming games.The program started at 11am and ended at 1.14pm.last_img read more

first_imgFernando Vázquez already has another striker at his disposal. This is Claudio Beauvue, who signs until 2021 after having disconnected from Celta. This has been announced by Sports, which closes in this way an operation that had been simmering since last Wednesday, when the news came out that everything pointed to the tip would swap shirt between eternal rivals.Beauvue arrives in A Coruña to, at 31, meet again as a footballer. His stage in Celta has been marked by injuries and few opportunities. He broke the Achilles tendon and has chained two loans to Leganés and Caen, where he could not shine either. This year he stayed in Balaído, but in October he suffered a meniscus break that had him in the dry dock until the end of December. Pending medical tests at Uche AgboThe next one in the reinforcement list should be Uche Agbo. The Nigerian also arrived in A Coruña on Wednesday and has been seen in both Abegondo and Riazor. On Friday he underwent the latest medical examination tests and if there are no setbacks, he will also be a Depor player in the next few hours. Of course, to register the club will have to check out another player first, since With the arrival of Beauvue, he already has 25 professional records. There are many options for the attacker to debut with the blue and white tomorrow at Deportivo – Cádiz. Fernando Vázquez is determined to turn the team around and his hand did not shake to make Sabin Merino debut when he had only been in the city for three days. And it went well. After beating the Racing of Santander, Castrofeito already confirmed that for the next duel he expected that there would be another premiere.last_img read more

first_imgThe good result that gave Madrid that transfer of Valverde to Depor is what has encouraged the white leaders to now give Hugo Vallejo to the club of Coruña. The Blue and Whites are also immersed in relegation positions, in this case to Second B. The newly signed end of Malaga will be tested in an extreme situation, in which he will have to prove his category under the pressure of playing in one of the nine league champions and trying to avoid relegation. Fede Valverde It is the great revelation of the Madrid squad. Hugo Vallejo It is the last promise that comes to the white club. One is Uruguayan and the other is from Granada. Nevertheless, the two have in common the Deportivo in their training process.On July 28, 2016, Fede Valverde He signed his contract with Madrid. After a season in the subsidiary, the white club decided to transfer it to Deportivo so that it would fire. In A Coruña he played 25 games (1,316 minutes) and suffered the decline of Depor to Second Division. It was a very hard season, but It served to know the pressure of living in an extreme situation and maximum tension as it is a loss of category. That experience made him mature and grow football to the point of being Today it is one of the key pieces of the Zidane scheme.last_img read more

first_img“It’s not worrisome, because it can happen to anyone in football. I’m sad for him because I know the player he is and the person he is. He has not yet had the opportunity to have continuity playing and showing the level he has, “the Brazilian told Efe.Questioned about whether he will recover and succeed in the white club, Luiz was clear: “No doubt he will.”After beating Everton 3-2 this Sunday, the defender also spoke about Mikel Arteta’s work in the London club.“We try every day to improve. Arteta has come up with a different idea of ​​the game. We try to understand it in the best possible way to play well. I think we are doing it, with everyone involved, that’s why things are improving,” he said. Arsenal defender David Luiz told Efe, about who was his partner in Chelsea Eden Hazard, that the Belgian will triumph in Real Madrid “without a doubt” and that what he needs is “continuity”.Hazard, star signing of Real Madrid in the last summer market, will be off the pitch for several months due to an ankle injury suffered this Saturday in the league match against Levante.In the time he has been at Real Madrid, the Belgian attacker has missed the same number of meetings as during his entire stage at Chelsea, however, Luiz does not believe this is a cause for concern.last_img read more

first_imgOn a personal level, the tie against Real Madrid could trigger, therefore, a frustration that would last at least two years without competing in Europe, or, on the contrary, unleashing a state of euphoria that will restore confidence in itself and banish a ghost called Jürgen Klopp.The irruption of the German with the best Liverpool The story is calling into question the unique thinking around football possession, since the reds, which do not play chained to some delimited parameters of style, are winning everything. The same crush the backlash as from the ball control, and all from the physical commitment of all his men. The miracle of the Klopp toolbox has overshadowed the work of Catalan, who came as the great guru of modern football and now does not live well with being in second place.In addition, the German has already managed to overcome a mental barrier that is on the way to trauma for the former Barça: winning the Champions League. Since leaving Spain he has not been able to lift it again, something that does not escape anyone. Guardiola is therefore aware that, as much as it bothers him the prevailing result in football, if he wants to sit on the throne of the best coach of his generation he must take advantage of this perhaps the last bullet in the City to be proclaimed champion of Europe. Not in the darkest moments, either when the Real Madrid from Carlo Ancelotti endorsed his Bayern Munich a 5-0 in the global semi-finals of the Champions, or now that the Liverpool gets 19 points in the Premier League, there is someone, one person, who has doubts that Guardiola He is a genius who came to revolutionize football.Beyond the results, the world fell in love with his style. The problem comes, and it has always come for him, when, after three years of idyll, important titles stop rising, how he wins loses importance and, both he and his players, the press and the fans get tired of the speech and of ‘Pep’ style. It is the moment in which Guardiola, and all his philosophy, emigrate in search of a new illusion.It happened in Barcelona, despite starring in one of the most glorious stages of the entity by the hand of Leo Messi; it also happened in Germany, where, packed with titles, they did not quite understand him; and it could happen again in England if you can’t raise the title of European champion The sanction of the UEFAIf the appeal resource fails to fructify, he will test his commitment to the club, which contractually is until 2021 but that he has already assured that it will last at least until the punishment is lifted to the entity … or until that decide to throw him, situation that does not seem possible at this time.last_img read more

first_imgIñaki Williams has slammed the racism in the Valdano Universe that will air this Tuesday in #Vamos. The Athletic striker has narrated how he lived the insults uttered by a group of fans in Cornellá in the match against Espanyol and has confirmed that neither he nor his teammates will tolerate another episode like this. “I know that my classmates would have left the field with me because we talked about itor. We are aware that if it happened to us we would leave the countryside and if they give us the game for lost, it would give us exactly the same because it would be a punch to racism“, explains Williams in an advance spread by Movistar +.In addition, he expressed with frustration the racist episode that he had to live: “In the 21st century you should not allow it. No matter the skin color, race, sex. Any type of vexation should not be allowed in football. I hope it does not happen again, but I know that I would have the support of many people like it happened in Tenerife or how a thousand messages rained on social networks“.last_img read more

first_img“My family and I are fine, without symptoms”, reported Toni Kroos to the German ProSieben program ‘Late Night Berlin’. The midfielder, quarantined like all Real Madrid players after Thompkins’ positive in the coronavirus test was known, spoke to his compatriots by videoconference from his living room in his home in Madrid. “We are in shape,” he said.The German, like the rest of his companions, is in permanent contact with Real Madrid doctors. They are consulted a couple of times a day to follow up on possible symptoms of COVID-19. The order is that they communicate the slightest indication of illness. Further, Each Real Madrid player has in his possession a personalized physical exercise plan and nutritional recommendations to try to maintain the best possible shape in this “confinement”. But it’s not all work. “I am not bored, you can imagine it with three children. It does not get boring the day at home. But if you look left and right, the main thing is that we are all fine,” said a Kroos who bullfights quarantine with humor. : “Here at home I also do my hair but I only do it for my wife anyway.” The Madrid midfielder also said that, thanks to his children, he eats noodles every day and pointed out with laughter: “I have a lot of toilet paper at home.” Kroos recovered his serious tone when asked about a possible postponement of the Euro Cup this summer, a decision that will be made this Tuesday: “When it will be played again is the least of it. The main thing is when to drive away this invisible enemy. That everything has returned to normal ”.The German is the second Real Madrid player to intervene in a media outlet to tell how he is carrying out this mandatory period of quarantine. Luka Jovichours after knowing the positive of Thompkins, he spoke on B92 and wanted to send a message of calm: “I used the same recovery kits as Thompkins, but I have no symptoms …”.last_img read more

first_imgGoyo Benito has left at the age of 73, in which he achieved fame in the ranks of Real Madrid. The Toledo went on to win eleven titles in official competitions (six in the League and five in the Copa del Rey) between 1969 and 1982. Before his great splendor with the white shirt, he was on loan at Rayo, where he played 47 games during 1966-67 and 1967-68 in Segunda. Of course, he returned to Vallecas years later as technical secretary in the 90s.MiguelínFor his part, he has died at the age of 89. The tall, heavyset left-hander arrived at Rayo in the summer of 1950, with the team in Third and wearing his recently released Strip. He remained in their ranks until 1954-55 (except one season in between) and became one of the captains. His pending subject was promotion to Second, which came just a year after his departure. Of course, he lived it as one more rayista. What always was. The rayista family is in mourning. He has had to dismiss, with just a few hours of difference, two footballers who wore the Strip. In addition, it is a sad coincidence that both played in the same area, they were defenses. Miguel Ríos ‘Miguelín’ went through the Vallecano team in the 1950s, while Gregorio ‘Goyo’ Benito did so in the late 1960s.last_img read more